Adventures In Indonesia - Part 1

Hey guys, this post is long over due. 

Iv had such a crazy week. 

Im gonna try to make time to blog as 

often as I can :)  


But the weekends here and I
 have finally found some time to write. 
WootWoot!!! 

 The other day I was going through

 some old pictures on my computer, 

and I came across some photos I took on my first trip to 

Indonesia,last year in May. 

And I thought, I would share it with you.

 
On the 31st of May, 

My Mum, Aunty M and myself left for a 

10 day trip to Jakarta and Kalimantan.

( I will talk about my adventures in Kalimantan in another post)

 

Our flight was at 6am.

I love early morning flights :)

We arrived in Jakarta at around 10am.  

And we were greeted by a lovely driver that was organised by 

 Aunty M's husband who works in Jakarta.  


On the way to our hotel we were greeted by the lovely 

TRAFFIC JAM!!!



 It took us 2 hours to reach our hotel, our hotel 

was really only 45 mins away.....

By the way this happens on a daily basis. 

One thing I noticed while we were stuck 

in this amazing traffic jam 

was that nearly/all the cars were 

MPV'S except the taxis.


My first impression of Jakarta was that

 everyone's really friendly and helpful. 

Really nice people. 


For our stay in Jakarta we stayed at 

The Royal Kuningan Hotel. 



  Its a nice hotel, its located 2 km from the city center. 

You don't have to worry about transportation 

there are plenty of taxis. 

The taxis are reasonably priced.

   

The lobby/foyer of the hotel is specious and open.

 There are big windows so there's 

plenty of natural light during the day. 

 


 During our stay, we took two deluxe rooms. 

The rooms are specious.



The color pallet of the rooms are earth tones,

which gives it a calm feeling as you 

walk into your room after a long day out.



  The bathrooms are a good size as well. 

The rooms comes with all the normal amenities like 

a tv, phone, hair dryer stuff like that

 

But sadly one thing the rooms didn't have was WIFI :( 

which was such a bummer.....



The view from our room was of the city, 

don't think they have any other view.  



Well we had a different view, 

 beside the hotel is a small village

well that's what i call it 


Not a great photo, but oh well 
and they had sheep, goats and chicken. 

Honestly I was so excited when i saw it. 

HaHaHa

Oh well that's just weird old me :) 

 

Ohhh i forgot, how could I?

The buffet breakfast in the morning is really nice, 

well i absolutely loved it. 

I don't have pictures, as I wasn't blogging then 

but i have this pic, only because I was so excited to see my

 favorite childhood cereal......

Froot Loops!!!! 


Bringing back childhood memories 
They have quite a variety of food too choose from. 

Not like a 5 star hotel but its close enough.   

All in all our stay here was awesome and

 I would definitely stay here again. 

 Especially cause its really affordable.

 

So how much is affordable?

Hmmmm


We went direct to the hotel, 

we didn't book a hotel before we arrived in Jakarta.

Not recommended.....

So it was RM 220+++.


Which compared to the other hotels around the city is a good deal, 

plus it has all the facilities of a pricier hotel. 

So that's about it for the hotel...... 


Now for the interesting stuff :) 

Hope I haven't bored you....

.
So I'm not going to write down my whole itinerary for the last 10 day but

 I will share with you some of the memorable places I did visit :)  


1. Jun Njan Seafood Restaurant @ Epicentrum walk



The food here is amazing, to die for.

 Probably the best Chinese food I have tasted in awhile.
The fried chicken is amazing!!!
I also love how the restaurant is set up.
Its stunning :)

2. Shopping

Now if you know me, you will know I love to shop.


Well window shopping that is :)
I would say Jakarta is shopping heaven.

We were driving down a street, 
and saw 3 mall within walking distance of each other.

There are malls anywhere and everywhere.

One of the malls we visited was the
 Grand Indonesia Mall.


The name says it all. 


It has a cinema,supermarket, branded and non-branded outlets,
a variety of restaurants and many more. 

Just to let you know 
Forever 21 has 2 floors!!!! 

I was in heaven :)

One thing I noticed when visiting the different malls is 
that Indonesians really put a lot of thought into the design of the malls.
You can see the effort they put in. 
Even the displays and layout of the individual outlets
 have put a lot of thought into how their outlets look. 

3. Marche @Grand Indonesia Mall 

Marche is another restaurant that
 I absolutely feel in love with.


The ambiance of the restaurant, 
sets the tone of your meal. 
For you who dont know Marche is a  
Swiss restaurant.
So you actually do feel like your 
kinda in Switzerland.   



The food here is absolutely amazing. 
They have such a wide variety of 
European/Western food to choose from 
you really are, "spoilt for choice".

It"s a tiny bit pricey, 
but it is totally worth every penny, 
you wont regret it :)

4. Magnum Cafe @Grand Indonesia Mall

I have saved the best for last!!! 

This is the icing on top
 of the cake for me.

We actually didn't know this place even existed till 
a friend in Jakarta told us about it. 
So glad she told us. 

Im such a huge fan of Magnam, 
I seriously think its the best ice cream ever!!! 




So once I knew a Magnum Cafe existed 
there was no way, i was going to leave Jakarta without
checking it out. 



The cafe has both indoor and outdoor seating. 
We sat inside as its cooler and its non-smoking. 



You have such a variety to choose from,
you will definitely have a hard to choosing.






I really cant remember the names of the desserts we chose. 
But it was so yummy......
Whats not to like?
Really?


The above picture is what I had it 
tasted heavenly, and it was 
just the right size as well. 


This is what my mum ordered, 
she said it tasted really good, 
but the portion size was a lil bit 
too big for her liking, especially 
since we had just had dinner an hour or so ago. 
We really didn't expect the portions to be that big. 


On the way out there is a small souvenir shop, 
so I got myself some momentous :) 

I had such a terrific time here. 
Definitely worth every penny spent. 

Just to let you we spent 
around RM 70 for 3 deserts. 
But as 
I said its worth it. 
You will have no regrets :)

My first ever Magnum Cafe Visit 
is definitely one to remember. 
I cant wait to visit again. 

All in all my first visit to Indonesia was absolutely amazing.
I think what makes my trip to Jakarta such a memorable one, 
other then the places I visited or the amazing food i ate.
It is the people of Indonesia, 
that made this visit a memorable one. 
Such helpful and humble people. 
I'm really looking forward to visiting Indonesia again. 


Thank you so much for reading  :) 
If you have any suggestions for my next post, 
please do comment below :) 

So until next time.....
Byeeeee
Lotsa Love <3 
XOXOXO 
Kaitlyn

Comments

  1. Hey, I nominated you for a liebster award so check out my blog on the link below to see the questions!
    sabina - the liebster award x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts